Thanks to all our at-home time due to Jonas, I got a good bit of sewing done.
Here’s what I crossed off my list:
I sewed all three of these baby blankets on Saturday as the snow came down. 🙂
Last week, Nik’s mom gave me a couple cuts of flannel that she didn’t need. One of them was a construction print and Mark immediately insisted that I had to sew him EVERYTHING from it. One morning, I even found him using his scissors to do the cutting for me. 🙂 Eventually, we settled on a blanket for his doll, some new cloth wipes, and an apron (from this pattern) (the apron being on my original list).
“Yay! Mama finally made Marko an apron! Let’s have a party!”, Ellie insisting on partying in her apron.
I added a pocket of blue with that little excavator applique. It’s backed in that same blue. I’ve now officially just about used up all the solid blue from Mark’s quilt.
Both sides of the doll blanket are construction (because you know, CONSTRUCTION OBSESSION) and the other side of the wipes is trains because he’s obsessed with all things that go. A pretty nice ensemble, if I do say so myself! 🙂
Additionally, this week, I decided that I didn’t need to force myself to complete those baby bibs (a job I was dreading) so I’m going to pass them along. My sewing time is too limited for that! Also, I did all the prep/machine sewing for the four baby birds. The list is looking better!
Still to do:
Items that are currently in progress (and/or should have been done by Christmas time):
- Make corn sacks for J, J, and A – three special people in my kids’ lives.
- Fix two of our office Roman shades (annoyingly, the little plastic rings just keep on breaking)
- Sew 4 baby birds (like this one)
- Design and finish two final Handmade Christmas 2015 projects (because no, I’m still not done)
Items to sew next once the first list is finished:
- Sew a large neutral tablecloth for our dining room table (have had the fabric since spring 2013)
- Actually get the dining room shades installed – clearly I should not have allowed myself to cross that one off the list.
- Sew hot pads for us (and a tutorial for you)
- Design and sew a new bathroom curtain. (This one I just put on the list this week but we really need it)
As for books, I took Peaceful Parent, Happy Kids off my list because I didn’t get it re-read in time for book club. So no completions to report but I am whittling down the list one way or another, as I’d wanted to!
Books still to read:
Books borrowed from friends and family:
- Unclean by Richard Beck – I’m about half way through this one and have really been thinking a lot about the implications of his arguments.
- The Wisdom of Stability by Wilson Hargrove
- That Distant Land by Wendell Berry
- Jayber Crow by Wendell Berry
- First Impressions by Sarah Price
- Road Song by Natalie Kusz
- Creed or Chaos by Dorothy Sayers
Books we own:
- The Quotidian Mysteries by Kathleen Norris (I’ve been almost done with this for probably two years and it’s SO good but somehow, I haven’t read that last quarter or so of it.)
- Gender and Grace by Mary Stewart Van Leeuwen (I read this in college but I’d like to read it again.)
- Intimate Allies by Dan Allender and Tremper Longman