As has been my practice for the past few years (2010, 2014, 2015, 2016), near the end of 2016, I made a list of all the sewing projects that I have outstanding. I have already made good progress on them but, as has been par for the course of my blogging life, haven’t written anything until now. I did manage to post something on Instagram in order to join up with the Finishalong and I’ve posted a few updates there. I do want to have a more comprehensive list for myself though so here it is!
Here’s my official Finishalong list (find the picture of everything here):
- Marko’s birthday shirt (finished but not blogged about yet because I haven’t managed to convince him to wear it even though he requested that I sew him one. Sound familiar?
- The Hobbit quilt (now finished!)
- The Firefly quilt (now finished!)
- surprise project #1 – there are two of these and I just finished them but can’t reveal them until they’ve been delivered!
- Finish last details on Ellie’s birthday dress (buttonholes, buttons, etc.) (also now finished but not blogged but I do have tons of adorable pictures! Here’s one to keep you happy for awhile.)
- Make a change purse for my niece Selah (finished! See it here.)
Still to do (before the end of March hopefully!):
- surprise project #2 and #3 – These need to be finished and mailed along with surprise #1 before they can be revealed.
- Two B-More Bags totes (I have the kits but haven’t started them)
- Make Ellie’s family reunion skirt a bit bigger and make a new reunion flower for me.
- Finish two more flowers made from a bridesmaid’s dress from my wedding.
- Finish my Carkai Hexies project and turn it into our guest room bathroom curtain.
- Finish my Facing East mini-quilt.
- Make a storage case for the “Happy Birthday!” bunting.
Additionally, I have several more projects I really would like to get done this spring (some of which will likely end up being on my quarter 2 Finishalong list):
This is what I’ve already finished:
- Fix Ellie’s knitted doll’s hat.
- A pouch with zipper for my bullet journal markers
Still to do:
- Hem my new jeans and Nik’s new jeans.
- Put Ellie’s Easter 2016 dress back together so she can wear it again. (Clearly I made it too big last year.)
- Finish the curtains that I made for our community association hall’s upstairs bathrooms.
- Make the cupboard door cover for our upstairs guest bathroom.
- Make fancy dinner napkins (to match the tablecloth I made last year during this time).
- Make Christmas stockings for Nik and me.
- Make several more corn sacks for our family.
- Make napkin rings for us to use at our dining room table (to hopefully reduce the number of cloth napkins we go through in a week).
- A new curtain for our main bathroom (from last year’s list)
- Fix our bathmats (also from last year’s list)
- A new wallet for me (to match my sidekick tote)
- Add Easter words to the back of the “Happy Birthday!” banner!
- Fix our wool pillows.
Think that’s enough to do? 😉