I figured that I should probably sew my own daughter something for Christmas! Her present got pushed to the last second though because well, she won’t know the difference. And that’s a good thing she doesn’t know any different because I didn’t finish it.
I started with a bunch of strips of pink and green flannel of varying widths and patterns.
I pieced them using my random method, perfected from sewing Noah’s guitar strap cover. I ended up with this large patchwork piece.
After that, I cut the patchwork strip into three pieces, sashed them with white flannel and added two large pieces of flannel (one pink, one green) for the back. I didn’t get pictures taken of all of this yet. I’m going to use another piece of flannel for the batting so that the quilt is closer to blanket weight and then bind it with a patchwork binding using all the flannels from the quilt. More pictures to come once I finish it!