Finally, finally, finally, I finished the living room shades! (I had to do something to keep myself from going crazy while waiting for B2.) We’ve actually had them up and have been using them since the beginning of November but for some reason, I just never got around to fixing the cords so they would pull up and down easily and correctly. Today I finally bought what I needed at Joann’s and ta da! They’re done!
I made two this size:
plus one smaller one for the window in the door that goes out to our porch:
Here they are all together:
And here’s what one looks like when open:
Hooray for a [took forever but] completed project!
(In case you’re wondering, I just ran out of steam on the dining room shades. I have the shades and the rod pockets sewn but got too big before I had time to crawl all over the floor to measure and pin on the pockets. So hopefully, sometime this spring, I’ll be able to finish those. And then, finally, every window on our main floor will be covered. It will be about time – we have been married for 5 1/2 years after all! :))