Ellie is looking forward to meeting her new cousin!

We’re so excited to get another cousin that we decided to celebrate by making her (and Meggan too of course!) a diaper bag!

I used this tutorial (the same one that I used for my diaper bag).

Here’s the bag:

I’ve never done real applique before so I had fun with this flower:

I added this feature, fancy pockets, to the bag (using a technique that I learned from the Tabitha bag):

The lining fabric is really fun (and I actually found it at Joann’s, the outer heavier fabric is from IKEA):

And while we were at it, I decided to make a coordinating changing pad and wallet (from this tutorial):

We hope you enjoy your new ensemble Meggan!  I had a lot of fun making it!

This entry was posted in family, sewing. Bookmark the permalink.

21 Responses to Ellie is looking forward to meeting her new cousin!

1. meggan says:

The only thing that was missing was the coordinating Ellie stuffed inside to visit Auntie Meggan. The trip would have been pretty traumatic for mom and baby, so I’m not too surprised. But she looks nice with the bag.
    Thank you -so- much.

And, I love the pocket trim. It looks amazing. Can I send people your way? This is way better and worth more than Petunia Pickle Bottom. I’m selling mine off because there is no comparison.

2. meggan says:

I’m not even going to wait for the baby to use it. 🙂
    Luckily, I can guarantee she will be here by June when you get here…whew

3. Mom says:

What a beautiful set, Laura! As with Meggan, I love the pocket trim – and the applique – and the matching wallet – and the cute baby. Good work!

4. Nicole says:

Oh my goodness!!! This bag and accessories are so cute and such great color choices Laura! Wow! You’ve been a busy bee!

Yep – thankfully Ellie is going to sleep around 7:30 now so I have some time to sew at night – and Nik graciously puts up with my addiction! 🙂

5. meggan says:

eric is blown away. he can’t believe how good you are [his words]

6. Indeeds says:

Those are beautiful! And Ellie looks so sweet sitting next to the set

7. Pingback: Sewing as therapy « Salmon and Souvlaki

8. Steph says:

That is SO cute. You need to start selling those to your friends!!! 🙂 That might be pregnant….

9. Pingback: Hooray for Rachel and baby Clara! (May sewing) « Salmon and Souvlaki

10. Pingback: Hooray for Baby Maria! (August, September, October, November Sewing) « Salmon and Souvlaki

11. Pingback: Looking Back Before Looking Forward « Salmon and Souvlaki

12. Pingback: September Sewing: Hooray for Steph and Baby #2! | Salmon and Souvlaki

13. Pingback: October/November Sewing: Hooray for Katie and Baby Annika! | Salmon and Souvlaki