Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know it’s the middle of March. And yes, I know I never managed to actually update how we were doing on our financial February goals. But, better late than never right? So here’s the final update:
1. Evaluate all our retirement accounts and redistribute investments as necessary. Definitely did not get to this. We’ll add it to the summer project list.
2. Ditto for our savings account – set up targeted savings accounts for specific goals. We’re doing this a little bit already but I’d like us to be even more specific. Finished! Amounts determined and automatic transfers in place. I love automation!
3. Clear our file cabinet of all 2009 paperwork and file in a safe place. Mostly done. The paperwork is all sorted through and the file cabinet is clear of 2009 paperwork. Sadly, the 2009 papers are in a pile on the couch, waiting to be filed in a box to go into storage upstairs. Once I get my act going, that should take about 10 minutes to finish.
4. Make a will. Basically finished. We’re waiting to fill in a couple details and are planning to actually print and sign it in a few months. Nik did all the heavy lifting on this one!
5. File our taxes. Finished (state and federal) and refunds received! Again, this one was all Nik!
So, all in all, we didn’t do too bad for Financial February. (It did help, however, that we had a week and a half off due to snow in the middle!)