We accomplished a lot (basically everything on the list) and I’m really grateful for how hard Nik worked with me on these projects. I didn’t ask him if he wanted “Organizing” to be our January theme or even if he wanted to have a theme at all- (oops, definitely should have!) but he jumped in whole-heartedly without me asking him too and came up with a few more projects on his own. One more reason to love my husband!
**Look for the orange writing for this week’s update!
(Blue = update #1, Pink = Update #2)
1. My desk – Sort, file, and deal with all the papers that built up during December when all I was doing was sewing. Basically finished – I’ve gone through all my papers and filed everything that I can. All that’s left is what I need to take care of before filing – good enough for me to take it off the list! Finished completely – all the papers that are on my desk now are currently in use. Now I just have to keep it that way!
2. Nik’s desk – ditto (except for the sewing part) He’s also made good progress and is almost finished. This is as finished as it will be ever be. You can’t ever really be paper-free, you know?
3. Clear off the couch in our office – sort and put away all items.
finished except for the gardening paperwork that is currently being used (see #9)
4. Ditto for the floor of the office. totally clear – mostly thanks to Nik!
5. Make a master harvest schedule (i.e. what we have to harvest/can/freeze and when throughout the whole year)
Done! We’re going to update this as the year goes by.
6. Make a Master Recipe List – by season. This is preliminarily finished. I have to refine it and add a bunch more recipes to my recipe binder.
7. Sewing Room: fabric, notions, card/paper supplies – fabric is done! Today, I finished sorting my card/paper supplies, my buttons, and my ribbon. I decided my notions were good enough – they’re corralled in one drawer and that’s good enough for me for now!
8. Bookcase in the office – books sorted, culled, and organized. Done! Nik to the rescue!
9. Make a seed order. – in progress, Nik has it started. We still have to finish this.
10. Catch all desk drawer in office. Sorted! I had to put most of it back in but it’s now neat and tidy. And I found about $15 in quarters, four rolls of tape, a ton of buttons, 5-6 key chains and lots and lots of pens. Not a bad haul!
11. Organize the recipes on my computer to match my recipe binder system. Finished!
12. The pictures/papers on the refrigerator. Almost finished – should be done by early next week.