I’ve decided that this month, I want to have my activities focused toward a theme of “Organization.” (February’s theme is going to be “finances.”) I made a list of all the things that I wanted to organize while at school on Monday. And then I forgot it there. Ironic, isn’t it?
So, I’m going to post the list here, and every Wednesday in January, I’m going to update the list to let you all know my progress and keep myself accountable for getting at least some of this done. Nik is going to be working on some of this too – so it’s not just me who’s going to accomplish this by any means!
January – “Organize”
1. My desk – Sort, file, and deal with all the papers that built up during December when all I was doing was sewing.
2. Nik’s desk – ditto (except for the sewing part)
3. Clear off the couch in our office – sort and put away all items.
4. Ditto for the floor of the office.
5. Make a master harvest schedule (i.e. what we have to harvest/can/freeze and when throughout the whole year)
6. Make a Master Recipe List – by season.
7. Sewing Room: fabric, notions, card/paper supplies
8. Basement – Canning shelves, boxes, rearrange storage
9. Make a seed order.
10. Catch all desk drawer in office.
11. Organize the recipes on my computer to match my recipe binder system.
12. The pictures/papers on the refrigerator
That’s it. Think I have a chance of accomplishing all of that? Even thinking about attempting the basement is a bit ambitious but I think I can get the rest done.
Thank you so much for Anchorage pictures – I don’t think anyone else shared any and it was VERY good to see everyone! I am sure that you will make wonderful inroads into your projects – I have great faith in you. And think how great it will feel to cross each item off your list!
The good thing about making a list is you’ll get more done than without a list. So go for it! Keep in mind that even a few minutes spent will move you forward.