1. Made the first basil pesto of the summer from my porch’s basil.
2. Cleaned the kitchen (don’t ask how long it took me)
3. Cleaned my room (again, don’t ask)
4. Made dinner for Kristen and me, including this wonderful sweet potato soup that I will post a recipe for later.
5. Got the top third of my left thumbnail painted at a sidewalk
nail salon by a budding 5th grade manicurist – a whole manicure was a
dollar and all I had was a quarter. So evidently all that got me
was a little bit of metallic blue nail polish. She chose the
color too. I am still proudly sporting the look – I know it’s
going to come into fashion soon!