After a three-week break (because I had nothing to report), I’m happy to announce two finishes today!
1. I finally finished Mark’s birthday quilt, only 2 months late! I sewed the last of the binding down this morning. I’ll do a full blog post soon but here’s a sneak peak for now.
2. This week, I sewed pillow covers for both Ellie and Mark (to be used in the future). Although not technically a WIP (because I cut into new fabric, etc to make them), they’ve been on my to-sew list for months so they feel like a WIP. I’ll do a full blog post about these also, answering perfectly logical questions such as, “Why didn’t you just buy them pillows?” But, in the meantime, here they are. Ellie chose the zipper colors! For each of them, there’s one to be stuffed with wool and then one as the protective outer covering.
I’m linking up with “Finish It Up Friday” at Crazy Mom Quilts.
The [Encouragingly Short] List of WIPs (as of 2/28/14) – down from 15!
- fix the living room shades (annoyingly falling apart)
- Ellie’s doll hair (it’s been over a year and Ellie’s not bald anymore so I really can’t justify her doll’s baldness anymore.)
- dining room shades (they’re so close to being done and have just been sitting for close to 18 months)
- hem new corduroy pants