I came disastrously close to not having anything to share this week. I used up my weekend sewing time on two new projects (these baby blankets) and then I’ve had a sad, sick boy on my hands this week. Thankfully, this morning, he and Ellie decided to play around me happily while I sewed and I was able to finish up two projects.
First, I put in the last buttonhole on Ellie’s dress and sewed on the last button (which was thankfully not lost). I couldn’t fit the placket under the buttonhole foot and so hadn’t done it. But then, I was reading the manual (shocking helpful, manuals are) and figured out that I can actually push my presser foot lever UP and it raises the presser foot higher! This is an awesome feature that I wish I had known about for the past five years!
Second, I suppose this isn’t technically a WIP finish because it was already finished once. For some reason, the crotch sections of both sides of Mark’s reversible pants were pulling apart. So I had to seam rip one hem, pull them inside out, re-sew both seams, and then re-hem them. And now he can wear these again!
I’m linking up with “Finish It Up Friday” at Crazy Mom Quilts.
The [Finally Getting Shorter] List of WIPs (as of 1/31/14)
- fix the living room shades (annoyingly falling apart)
- Ellie’s doll hair (it’s been over a year and Ellie’s not bald anymore so I really can’t justify her doll’s baldness anymore.)
- Mark’s birthday quilt
- dining room shades (they’re so close to being done and have just been sitting for close to 18 months)
- pillow for Ellie (not technically a WIP because I haven’t started it but it’s been on the “to sew” list for months)
- fix the bathroom curtain
- hem new corduroy pants
- hem jeans