I just finished one thing this week – Nik’s T-shirt quilt! I need a helper around to take pictures of the whole thing so I’ll post them in a separate post. But here’s proof of the finished applique!
“Snoozer” and “1520” used to be iron-on letters. Then they disintegrated in the wash the first time I washed the quilt. So I picked off all the old pieces, traced new ones, cut them out of felt and appliqued them on. This whole process only took me nine months.
I’m linking up with “Finish It Up Friday” at Crazy Mom Quilts.
The [Still Just As Long Because I Added Another Project Again] List of WIPs
(as of 1/24/14)
- fix the living room shades (annoyingly falling apart)
- Ellie’s doll hair (it’s been over a year and Ellie’s not bald anymore so I really can’t justify her doll’s baldness anymore.)
- put the last button and buttonhole on Ellie’s dress (I think I figured out how to do it on my machine.)
- Mark’s birthday quilt
- dining room shades (they’re so close to being done and have just been sitting for close to 18 months)
- pillow for Ellie (not technically a WIP because I haven’t started it but it’s been on the “to sew” list for months)
- fix Mark’s pants (the crotch tore out)
- fix the bathroom curtain
- hem new corduroy pants
- hem jeans