Vote! We need some help choosing a name!

And no, it’s not for our 2nd child.  That would be a pretty weird way to announce a pregnancy.  Come on, people.

I’m planning on writing a series on this blog, starting this fall, reflecting on some of the ways that Nik and I have changed the way we live.  Much of what we have done is go back to the way things used to be done.  For example, we try to only eat food that is traditional and simple, i.e. food that our great-grandmothers would have recognized as food (as in margarine is not food, that sort of thing).

I have lots of thoughts in my brain that I’d like to write down so I’m going to use this forum to do it.

We need a name for the series.  I think we should just call it, “Old-Fashioned.”  Nik thinks it would be much cooler to call it, “Kickin’ It Old Skool.”

ETA: Clearly, I don’t do pop culture well because I managed to not even get Nik’s name suggestion correct.  But I think I fixed it!

What do you think?  Vote and we’ll call it whatever you (the collective you, our blog readers) choose!

This entry was posted in series. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Vote! We need some help choosing a name!

1. Lisa says:

Why not go with “Margarine is not food”?

Lisa – I probably wasn’t clear enough about this but I’m planning to write about a wide variety of things – including food. So while I would love to get the message out that “margarine isn’t food” that would limit me a little more than I want to be!

2. Rachel says:

hahaha, DEFINITELY the latter 🙂 I like “Would yo’ Great Grammy eat that?!?”

Hey Rachel! I love that idea too but I’m going to write about more than food. I might use that for a sub-title though for the food posts!

3. Rachel says:

p.s. im super excited to read it, i was just thinking about that eating style today!!!

4. anne says:

I don’t think your grandmother would recognize the phrase “Kickin’ It Old Skool.” 🙂

5. Pingback: Now, Looking Forward « Salmon and Souvlaki