Unlike my lucky family up in Alaska, we are suffering from a heat wave here in Maryland. So for my Maryland readers, here’s a quick and easy way to make popsicles, even if you don’t have a popsicle mold.
1. Obtain an empty ice cube tray (this won’t work if there’s already ice in it).
2. Fill each individual ice cube mold with juice. I used apple cider with delicious results.
3. Put in your freezer for an hour or so (until they’re almost frozen but not quite).
4. Take out of the freezer, push in toothpicks (one or two, your choice) into every juice cube. Put back in the freezer.
5. Freeze until frozen through.
7. Or not.