Dear Miss Mary Mack,
Remember how I said I’d love you forever? I was wrong. That was so two months ago. Your little song doesn’t do a thing for me now. I’m seven months old (today!) and I have better things to do with my life. Let me list them for you:
1. play with my toys
2. sit and sit and sit (and stand too if Mama and Dada are willing to hold me up)
3. play with grass
4. play peekaboo with Mama (OK just react to peekaboo but I’m sure I’ll play it too soon!)
5. eat solid food if Mama will ever give it to me
6. charm Daddy with big smiles when he comes home from school
7. say “dada” “mama” and “baba””
8. express my displeasure by screaming when Mama is ignoring me and sewing instead
9. roll over
10. push out teeth (two so far!)
11. fill my mama and daddy’s life with joy
Does that sound like enough to keep a little girl busy? I hope you understand that it’s really not you, it’s me. I just don’t have time for you any more. Maybe we can be friends again when I’m two!
P.S. My mama asked me to tell you that she REALLY doesn’t miss you but that my daddy still has a soft spot in his heart for you because sometimes he whistles your song to me.
P.P.S. I’ve included a picture to show you one more thing I’m getting interested in – sewing! My mama is starting me out right! (That’s a spool of thread that I’m holding.)