Some things from the past week that I DON’T like:
1. Unasked for, insensitive, badgering parenting advice. I suppose I’m just going to have to develop a thick skin about this kind of stuff but seriously? Do you really think I’m (we’re) making parenting decisions lightly, with no thought whatsoever? Or that I’m 18 and I’ve never seen a baby before?
2. Hot weather and swelling feet.
Some things I DO like:
1. Ripping fabric – why did I never do this before? I’m working on another sewing project and last night I got almost the whole thing cut out in about an hour. It had tons of pieces but rather than measuring and cutting, I measured and ripped and it was SO fast. And so straight. I’m totally converted.
2. Progress on the work that we need to get done on our house.
3. Watermelon (weird, I know because I’ve hated watermelon my whole life. But this week, we got such a good, sweet one from Ed, my favorite farmer, that I’ve been eating tons of it. Must be a pregnancy thing.)
4. Kind, generous people who give to us, both of their baby things and their experience (not advice) as parents. Helps me to feel less negative about Dislike #1 above.
5. The La Leche League. I went to a meeting yesterday and there is help, wisdom, and companionship there. I am grateful.
6. Lots of squirrels in our dogwood tree. They’re eating the little berries that the dogwood tree makes and they are SO cute!