1. There’s a teacher at my school named Katie Judge.
2. I just roasted two butternut squashes from the CSA. We now have eight cups of cooked, mashed squash in our freezer. And I still have three more to go – although those are small. These two were huge. The smaller three were in the free choice section because they’re pretty pocked and marred. But I figure that they’ll still taste good.
3. Nik’s birthday is tomorrow. For two weeks, we’ll only be four years apart!
4. What is the plural of squash? Squash? Or squashes? I can’t decide. They both sound funny.
5. I burned my hand pretty badly while roasting the squash. That was about 3 1/2 hours ago and it’s still hurting. So I put some raw honey on it, which we got in Greece. It’s feeling a little bit better. It seems that raw honey is sweet magic.
So interesting about the honey and a very informative article. Sorry about your burn, though. Burns and cuts seem to go with the territory when we work in the kitchen much. Or maybe I should speak for myself! Have you gotten Zona’s recipe for zucchini brownies yet? They’re yummy! Your squash freezing reminded me of it.
katie judge….freaky!!! love you my sister 🙂
I’m pretty sure the plural of squash is squish…
haha! squish. I like it. That’s funny about katie judge, but a while ago I looked up my name on facebook and found about 30 of me. Oh well, I think it’s such a nice name, she must be a wonderful person!