1. There’s a teacher at my school named Katie Judge.
2. I just roasted two butternut squashes from the CSA. We now have eight cups of cooked, mashed squash in our freezer. And I still have three more to go – although those are small. These two were huge. The smaller three were in the free choice section because they’re pretty pocked and marred. But I figure that they’ll still taste good.
3. Nik’s birthday is tomorrow. For two weeks, we’ll only be four years apart!
4. What is the plural of squash? Squash? Or squashes? I can’t decide. They both sound funny.
5. I burned my hand pretty badly while roasting the squash. That was about 3 1/2 hours ago and it’s still hurting. So I put some raw honey on it, which we got in Greece. It’s feeling a little bit better. It seems that raw honey is sweet magic.